If you don’t find the answer to your bread questions on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) tab, we encourage you to post into any of our “Comments” fields by clicking on the line that says “Leave a Comment” or “X Comments” just under the date of each post.
But please remember, our blog/website is moderated. That means that your comment doesn’t appear on our website until it has been approved, especially if you’ve never posted to our site before. That could take up to 24 hours. Here are some guidelines for comments that we are not willing to approve for our site:
- References to commercial sites or endorsements for products, especially if the Authors haven’t used or otherwise can’t vouch for the product. In particular, we’re not likely to approve website addresses (URLs) in this situation. The converse is also true– if you say that you dislike a product, we may remove or edit your comment unless we’ve had the same experience with it.
- Website URLs: Please don’t direct people to your own site. We reserve the right to remove any URL from comments you leave for us.
- Health claims: The science behind health claims made by products and about ingredients is often murky and controversial. We’re happy to answer questions about the health of ingredients or techniques in our books, but please don’t make complex health claims here on the website–in particular, claims about weight loss or disease prevention/control related to food ingredients. Like product endorsements, we’re likely to remove those kinds of comments.
- Offensive or rude remarks: Usual manners apply! (Thank you)
- Pingbacks: Please don’t set up your own blog to insert Pingbacks into our site.
Pretty much everything else is fair game. One other thing— very rarely, we simply miss someone’s comment. It’s just an oversight; if we haven’t answered you within 48 hours and you met the guidelines above, please “comment” again.