Book tour for The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day has begun! Here are some of our appearances, mixing the dough and shaping the basic loaf:
- TV segment, 10/22/13 on KSTP-5 Minneapolis (ABC), with Elizabeth Ries and Dez
- Audio clip, 11/1/13 on CBS-2 San Francisco (CBS), with Narsai David
- TV segment, 10/30/13 on KATU-TV (ABC) Portland, with Dave Anderson, mixing and shaping Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- TV segment, 10/28/13 on Superstation WGN-TV Chicago, seen all over the U.S.
- TV segment, 10/26/13, on WCCO-4 Minneapolis (CBS), with Jason DeRusha
- TV segment, 10/23/13 on Fox-9 News Minneapolis, with Tom Butler
- TV segment, 10/21/13 on KARE-11 Minneapolis (NBC), with Blake McCoy on News@4
- Radio interview, 10/19/13 on FM107.1, with Stephanie Hansen and Stephanie March, live from the Mall of America
- Video with the Portland Oregonian, 11/1/13, with Grant Butler
VIDEOS, TV, AND RADIO FROM OUR EARLIER BOOKS:
For Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day, we had a ball shooting a pizza-party video; click here to view, and check out our YouTube Channel for more at YouTube.com/BreadIn5. Other TV, video and radio for the pizza book:
- Phoenix AZ, WPNX-12News (NBC), with our first outdoor grilled pizza demo, 2/22/12 (click to view)
- KARE-11 TV, Minneapolis, 10/24/11
- WGN-TV in Chicago, 10/26/11 (Zoe)
- WLS-TV (ABC-7) in Chicago, 10/26/11 (Jeff)
- Charlotte NC, WCNC-36 (NBC), with comedian and former Saturday Night Live cast-member Colin Quinn, 1/19/12 (click to view)
- Tampa FL, Daytime Southern Living, a taped segment at WFLA-8 (NBC) for broadcast throughout the Southeast, 1/12/12
- Salt Lake City, KUTV-2 (CBS), 12/13/11
- Denver CO, Daybreak TV-2, 12/12/11
- Milwaukee WI, TMJ-TV (NBC) (click to view), presenting great fast Holiday options for the season, 12/5/11
- Central Coast California Public Radio, Interview with Rick Kleffel of KUSP-FM (click to listen), 11/4/11
- San Francisco, KGO-TV, ABC-7, 11/4/11
- Portland OR, KATU-TV (ABC) for A.M. Northwest (click to view), 11/1/11
- Martha Stewart Radio’s Living Today program with Ryan Brockington, 10/27/11
- Fox9 Morning News in Minneapolis, 10/25/11
TV, and radio for Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: We demonstrated HBin5 across the US, on TV and radio in Minneapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Orlando, Pittsburgh, and on the web. Check out a sampling of our TV and radio appearances below, or, to see some free instructional videos we’ve shot ourselves, click here and scroll down to see the listed videos (don’t click on the word “Video” in the list near the top). You can also see and subscribe to all our YouTube Videos.
Our official video, designed to get the message out about “Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day” (click to view). Shows the standard mixing and shaping technique.
December 4, 2010, The Today Show on NBC Television! Correspondent Willie Geist did a great segment on Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, click here to view.
March 24, 2010, “Daytime,” syndicated throughout the country, Jeff demonstrates flatbreads on the grill with host Cyndi Edwards, click to view.
November 5, 2009, a San Francisco appearance on KGO-TV (ABC): “The View From The Bay.” Hosts Spencer Christian and Janelle Wang helped us mix the Whole Grain Master Recipe and Zoe formed a 100% whole wheat Holiday Stollen.
November 3, 2009, AM Northwest on KATU-TV (ABC): Forming the basic seeded loaf from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.
December 10, 2009, on KARE-11 TV (NBC) in Minneapolis, another go at the Christmas Stollen with Showcase Minnesota host Rob Hudson. We made lots of Stollen this December; Jeff was on again in Pittsburgh (12/18/09), shaping one on KDKA-TV (CBS).
October 28, 2009, on WGN-TV in Chicago, we appeared in a LunchBreak segment for “Healthy Bread” that appeared all over the U.S. (WGN is a “SuperStation” seen all over the U.S.)
October 27, 2009, first TV appearance for the new book, on KMSP-TV (Fox-9), here in Minneapolis-St. Paul, interviewed by Alix Kendall (click here to view).
January 2, 2010 – Los Angeles Public Radio KCRW, 11:00am PT, on Evan Kleiman’s “Good Food” show.
December 6, 2009 - Central Coast California Public Radio, Interview with Rick Kleffel of KUSP-FM (click to listen)
December 3, 2009 – Podcast with Jeff Houck of the Tampa Tribune, Click here to listen (may take a few minutes to download).
November 23, 2009 - The authors in a podcast interview for South Florida Gourmet, click here to listen (may take a few minutes to download).
Video, TV, and and radio for Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
Master recipe demo
Sometimes it’s easier to learn by watching. Here Jeff and Zoe demonstrate the Master Recipe (Chapter 5) in videos:
January 9, 2008 – The Chicago Tribune ran a fantastic review and video covering our book and we had an opportunity to bake bread with Trib writer Robin Jenkins.
December 6, 2007 – Here’s Jenni Pinkley’s fantastic instructional video that accompanied the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s article.
October 9, 2008 – While out in San Francisco promoting the book last summer, we taped a segment for CBS-5 TV’s “Eye on the Bay” show, with Liam Mayclem, at Whole Foods in Napa.
June 16, 2008 – We were on WGN-TV, Chicago’s Superstation, seen all over the U.S., in an interview and demo with on-air personality Micah Materre.
November 2007 – There were two segments on the Minneapolis-St. Paul NBC affiliate, KARE-11 TV: First, an interview with Rob Hudson on Showcase Minnesota on November 29, 2007…and another with Belinda Jensen on from November 10, 2007.
Other TV segments have included:
December 2008 Holiday Breads - Zoe was on KARE-11 Minnepolis (NBC) to demo the holiday wreath bread and the panettone (click here to view). Jeff appeared on WMAR-TV/ABC-2 in Baltimore with Megan Pringle on 12/5/08, to demo some holiday breads, including the wreath bread (click here to view), and did similar segment in the Twin Cities on Fox 9 News on December 12, and in Pittsburgh on KDKA-TV (CBS)—in a light moment with host Jon Burnett on January 28, 2009, shaping Pain du Futbol (for the Steelers), click to view Pittsburgh segment.
November 4, 2008 – Jeff appeared on Strictly Seniors, a Minneapolis talk show hosted by Roland Minda. Jeff put together a very quick small loaf; when you watch the video, keep in mind that most larger loaves will need at least 40 minutes of resting/rising time, or even longer (60-90 minutes), not the 20 or 30 minutes talked about in the video: click here to view.
August 22, 2008 - The authors appeared at the Minnesota State Fair on Fox-9 Morning News in Minneapolis-St. Paul, where they demonstrated the Master Recipe and “Bread on a Stick!”
March 11, 2008 – The authors appeared on KTVK/3-TV in Phoenix, AZ, on “Arizona A to Z.”
March 3, 2008 – The authors appeared on the Fox 5, Good Day Atlanta show.
December 22, 2008 – Interviewed on South Florida Gourmet at 11:00am Eastern, click here to listen (takes a long time to download).
July 5, 2008 – We had two great West Coast radio events today. In San Francisco, West Coast Live with Sedge Thompson (KALW-FM 91.7), did a six-book giveaway during their live broadcast. In Seattle, Jeff was interviewed by Tom Douglas on NewsTalk 710 (KIRO radio), chatting about grill breads for summer and other stored-dough fun.
May 14, 2008 – 3:00-4:00 Eastern time The Faith Middleton Show: The Food Schmooze, Connecticuit Public Radio, Jeff and Zoe talk bread (last quarter of the program)
January 27, 2008 – 11:30-noon Eastern time (10:30-11:00 Central) Food Talk with Michael Colameco, WOR 710 Radio New York. Michael talks bread with the authors; listen live through your web connection
January 26th, 2008 – 2:00pm Eastern time (1:00pm Central) Chef and The Fat Man, a radio show dedicated to food, talk bread with us from Atlanta.
December 15, 2007 – Interview with Lynne Rossetto Kasper of NPR’s The Splendid Table radio show. Click here to listen Yes, seven years later, we’re on again! I guess the book had to be written this time…
April 2, 2000 – A call-in interview on The Splendid Table NPR radio show with Lynne Rossetto Kasper is heard by a NY editor who makes a book offer. Really. Click here to listen.